Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Day 4: Venice 29 May 2006

Venice 29 May 2006

Cold. Cold. Cold. I was hoping that the weather will turn warmer and i no need to wear my exaggerated jacket meant for jungfrau. The breakfast served in Russutto Hotel was not bad. As usual my Malaysian tourmates took out their own supply of instant noodles and start looking for hot water. So I managed to talk to two of the 6 marketeers, Mr and Mrs Lee and realise just how rich they are. 4 kids ok...never dare to dream of it.



We reached the jetty and noticed many shops selling souvenirs operated by the Chinese. I was hiding in the ticket office cos of the windchill and it didnt cross my mind to buy myself a jacket. I should have see the TV weather forecast and realised that Venezia will be cloudy if not drizzling today!



So we took a boat from the jetty to enter the island. Many souvenir shops opened by the Chinese at the jetty. Didnt realise there were so many chinese in Italy last time. The boat carry us to St Mark's Square and true enough, it was bloody cold...at 10 degrees. 10 degrees is the temperature at Guangzhou during CNY. I have no choice but to look for a cheap good jacket. Found one at 15 euro. Got another one for another 12 euro. Put it on and....so comfortable...hm....so warm...now that this problem is settled, i have the mood to explore around. I didnt go into the duomo at St Mark's Square last time, so perhaps it is a good idea to join the queue and go in this time.







Tourmates came back and all complain about the 1 euro toilet. 1 euro toilet?? so ex....i rather look for McD toilet later. We set off for the gondola ride, didnt really like the idea earlier but once sat on it and the singer started to sing (only our gondola got musicians ok, tourists from the bridge and from other gondolas took photos of us with envy look) hm....we feel so xinfu....got to relax while enjoy the songs....slowly blend in with the l e i s u r e l y p a c e of Venice, feel so good.





We have squid sauce spaghetti for lunch, and it is quite unique. Your lips will become like those ah lian's lips after you ate the spaghetti cos it is black in colour.

Our local guide came after lunch, guess what, the old man only came and lecture for 15 mins, and he earn 100 euro! So good life, make me want to study more italian hist and become a guide myself next time. He handed us over to the Murano Glass shop, which gladly welcome us in cos' haha can cut some necks. We didnt look like we were interested to buy those 5000 euro, 10000 euro vases, so just use his toilet and ciao after that.

Afetrnoon i walked on my own...and failed to find my direction...again! shit, everytime got lost in Venice. I failed to locate my hotel last time and also could not find my way to the Railway station. Sigh...went back to McD for toilet and queued for 15 mins before it is my turn.





We went back to Mestre at 530pm. the uncles started to crack some jokes and we laughed until peng. Guess we started to loosen up and show some jokers' talents!

No comments: